Monday, July 6, 2009

And so it continues

The great hunt for a hotel room is continuing. I found out recently that the Olympic committee has all/most of the rooms on hold. I don't know why. If you have any insight to this great mystery please enlighten me. I am a little perplexed. How do you offer to host the Olympics, to which hundreds of thousands will probably travel, and then tie up all of the accommodations within any reasonable distance? Is this a normal thing when it comes to the Olympics?
I have started looking into renting private residences since that seems to be the only option. However, I do not have $10 thousand dollars to spend on a room for one week. I expected rates to be ridiculous but that is a little too much. As I fight to stay within my budget and not be two hours outside of Vancouver, I will continue the search. One way or another, I will have a roof over my head and my travelling companions heads, when we reach Vancouver in February 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment