Sunday, November 8, 2009

Brian Williams - How I love thee

For me the Olympics is synonymous with TV's Prime Time Olympic host, Brian Williams. When I saw that the Olympics had moved to CTV, I was wondering what it would be like to see an Olympics without Brian Williams. It was a little bit later on that I learned Brian had made the move to CTV. I thought that was fabulous news. I just can't imagine an Olympics without him. He was strangely absent during Beijing 2008. Those other people did a good job but it wasn't the same. Every night I turned on my TV (the same one that is not working right now) expecting to see his wonderful interviews, thoughtful opinions, and insight into our talented Canadian athletes. I really missed seeing him during those Olympics. He has a real love and appreciation for Canada as well as the athletes that are representing us in their sport.
I am so happy that Brian Williams is going to be exactly where he should be, hosting Prime Time Olympic coverage on CTV. The only thing I'm sad about is that I won't be watching as much on TV as I usually would because I will be there! That's ok though, the rest of the country can enjoy his hosting coverage and I will catch as much of it as I can.
I hereby nominate myself as President of the Brian Williams Fan Club!
For Brian's bio, check out this link to the CTV Olympic website: Brian Williams Profile

Image from CTV Olympic website.

Christina Wallaert

No comments:

Post a Comment