Saturday, December 19, 2009

Torch Relays Today

I plan to do more detailed posts on this in a day or two so this is to give you a quick summary of the days events.  I attended the Torch Relay in Georgetown, ON this morning.  My Mom and Dad came with me.  We were all up very early to see the Torch run through Georgetown between 7-8 am.  Here are a few photos:


Lovely woman handing out hot chocolate. 
Gotta love smaller cities and their hospitality.


Waiting for the Torch to arrive.  Look at the crowds behind us.
It was around 7:15 am.


The Olympic Flame arrives and is ready to be handed off to the next Torchbearer.

Later on in the morning we attended the Torch Relay in Mississauga, ON.  The Torch arrived at the intersection of Hurontario Street and Burnhamthorpe Road around 11am.  It circled around Square One Shopping Mall and then headed into the Torch Celebration.  Cheryl Pounder, Women's Hockey Gold Medallist lit the cauldron and Mayor Hazel McCallion, gave a very inspiring and rousing speech.


Torchbearer exchange on Burnhamthorpe Road, just west of Hurontario Street.


Met my Twitter friend Art from GM.  I think he thinks I'm a little nuts.
Follow him @GM_Artand Serge.


Torch Celebration on Living Arts Drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment