Saturday, January 23, 2010

Canadian Tire Has Olympic Spirit

I just got back from running some errands that happened to include going to Canadian Tire. As I drove into the parking lot, I saw a huge GO CANADA GO banner hanging on the outside of the store. I actually gasped out loud and was very thankful that I have decided to carry my camera with me at all times. I don't have one of those fancy phones or blackberry's that do a million things. I use my trusty Canon Powershot to take all my photos. 


It was a good thing this banner was outside the store.  I would have tried to take a photo if it was inside the store but I worked in retail for a number of years and that is really not allowed. Can you imaging me getting thrown out of Canadian Tire for taking a photo of something I needed to include in my Canadian Olympic Spirit photo album? That would have been really embarassing. 
I'm really glad I got to see this. I go to Canadian Tire a couple of times a year so it was really lucky I had to go today so I could see their huge display of Olympic Spirit. For the record there was a GO CANADA GO sign inside the store.
On my way out I also noticed a display of some Canada apparel. I'm not sure if this was for sale in the store? Does anyone know if they sell stuff like that?  I'm very happy and proud to start to see some displays like this.  Thanks Canadian Tire.  It's great to see Canadian companies showing support.


2 comments:

  1. CT is selling Olympic apparel, hats and pins. I should know, I put the program in...thought I told you that already???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you told me that a long time ago. If it was in that store I have no idea where they had it. I'll look again next time I am there.

    ReplyDelete