Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 13 - Short Track Speed Skating Rocks!

February 24, 2010

Sorry folks, yet again I am doing a half post because it is late and I need to go to bed early tonight.  We have to be up early tomorrow to go see the Curling Semi Finals.  Women's is in the morning at 9am and Men's is in the afternoon and I have tickets for both! Team Canada is in both matches so it should be a great day. I believe the winner of each will play for the Gold Medal on the weekend!

Today was amazing! I finally got to see Short Track Speed Skating in person and it was so cool! I want to go see more of this sport! It is exciting on TV but even better in person.  I was there to see our Canadian women win a Silver medal in the 3000 m relay, the second time I've been present when Canada has won a medal. It really is such a great feeling and wonderful to be a part of.  I don't know that I will ever make it to another Olympics but if I do, I know it won't be as special as this one. Seeing Canada win at home with these huge crowds is unbelievable!  I will cherish these moments forever.

And it has been a busy day for Canada.  Miss Clara Hughes won a Bronze medal for the 5000 m in Speed Skating, and I found out a few minutes ago our female bobsledders took Gold and Silver.  What? I love bobsled and I don't think it is usually an event that we medal in.  Canadian women were on fire today!

I owe you a few blog posts and will try to update the details for you soon.  I'm thinking I'll bring my notebook with me tomorrow and write out my posts during the spare minutes in curling.  I don't want to get too far behind because I'm worried I'll forget stuff!  Just so you know, I am now starting to lose my voice. this is actually pretty good. I made it through 3 events with voice intact. I thought I would loose it a lot sooner!  Have a great night. I'll be back soon.

Here are the photos for today.

Canada Medal Results

Clara Hughes - Bronze in Speed Skating 5,000 m
Humphries/Moyse - Gold in Bobsled
Upperton/Brown - Silver in Bobsled
Womens Relay Team - Silver in 3000 Short Track Relay

No comments:

Post a Comment