Friday, February 5, 2010

One Week To Go!

I can't believe Vancouver 2010 Olympics start next week! I'm amazed.  At work today I told a co-worker that this time next week I will be in Vancouver.  As soon as I said it, my eyes welled up with tears, at work! I don't know when I became such an emotional mess but I've been like this since June when I got my tickets for the Closing Ceremony. 
The next week is going to be extremely busy. There is still so much to do. I've been so preoccupied with what blog post I'm going to do next, I haven't really focused on the actual getting ready to go to Vancouver part. This weekend I plan to start packing. This is something I should have started last week but I didn't get around to it. I suck at packing, it takes me forever to decide what I should bring. I always pack way too much and don't use half of what I take.  Packing light just isn't something I am capable of. I always try but then I think "what if I need this", "what if I need that". I'm going to try my hardest to only take what is necessary.
I'm also super paranoid about forgetting to take any of my Olympic related stuff. Between all of my pins, the Canada pins, Toronto pins, Canada stickers, red mittens, Canada apparel, hats, scarves and various accessories plus tickets and maps and on and on, there is a ton of stuff! Another reason to get on this packing thing as soon as possible.  I've started many lists but even that felt like a huge task. I am doing it though. It is the only way to ensure I don't miss anything.
In addition to the Canada and Toronto pins I secured, I found out today that I will be able to pick up some Ontario pins from my MPP's office. So I will have pins to represent my country, my province and my city. I'm pretty proud of that.
Then there is the fun stuff. Making plans to meet up with all of my friends in Vancouver. Whether they are friends I have known for years or new friends I have made on the way to Vancouver, there is sure to be a lot of fun times.  I'm relying on them to let me know the best places to go. I worry that I have not spent enough time learning about all the other events in Vancouver during the Olympics, so I will need some help if figuring out where the best places are to be when I'm not at an Olympic event.  And I must make time for shopping! A few weeks ago I asked people on Twitter to recommend some great shopping areas in Vancouver and people actually responded. I have them all written down and I will make sure I fit that in between events and other things.
So I will be working like crazy this weekend to get ready to go to Vancouver and also working like crazy at work to get everything I need done before I go. The second trip is only two weeks away and I'll be gone for two weeks, poor them!

2 comments:

  1. I think you're going to be crying when the Games are over !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right. That is bound to happen at some point. Until then I am going to enjoy every single second. I'm having the time of my life right now.
    Thanks for the comment.

    Christina

    ReplyDelete